Build an online business—no matter what business you’re in
Create an ecommerce website backed by powerful tools that help you find customers, drive sales, and manage your day-to-day.
E-Commerce or Electronics Commerce is a methodology of modern business, which addresses the need of business organizations, vendors and customers to reduce cost and improve the quality of goods and services while increasing the speed of delivery.
Ecommerce lets small businesses sell their products or services online via a secure website. Selling online can give small businesses access to a wide customer base.
Selling products or services on your website
Setting up an online shop can be much cheaper than running a bricks and mortar business; however, many small businesses enjoy the best of both worlds, with a retail outlet to serve local customers and an ecommerce website to sell online to a wider audience across the UK and beyond.
Advantages to Organizations
- Using e-commerce, organizations can expand their market to national and international markets with minimum capital investment. An organization can easily locate more customers, best suppliers, and suitable business partners across the globe.
- E-commerce helps organizations to reduce the cost to create process, distribute, retrieve and manage the paper based information by digitizing the information.
- E-commerce improves the brand image of the company.
- E-commerce helps organization to provide better customer services.
- E-commerce helps to simplify the business processes and makes them faster and efficient.
- E-commerce reduces the paper work.
- E-commerce increases the productivity of organizations. It supports "pull" type supply management. In "pull" type supply management, a business process starts when a request comes from a customer and it uses just-in-time manufacturing way.
Advantages to Customers
- It provides 24x7 support. Customers can enquire about a product or service and place orders anytime, anywhere from any location.
- E-commerce application provides users with more options and quicker delivery of products.
- E-commerce application provides users with more options to compare and select the cheaper and better options.
- A customer can put review comments about a product and can see what others are buying, or see the review comments of other customers before making a final purchase.
- E-commerce provides options of virtual auctions.
- It provides readily available information. A customer can see the relevant detailed information within seconds, rather than waiting for days or weeks.
- E-Commerce increases the competition among organizations and as a result, organizations provides substantial discounts to customers.
Advantages to Society
- Customers need not travel to shop a product, thus less traffic on road and low air pollution.
- E-commerce helps in reducing the cost of products, so less affluent people can also afford the products.
- E-commerce has enabled rural areas to access services and products, which are otherwise not available to them.
- E-commerce helps the government to deliver public services such as healthcare, education, social services at a reduced cost and in an improved manner.
How it Works
Online business works pretty much on the same principles as an offline/retail store does. On a broader scale, the whole eCommerce process can be broken down into three main components or work processes:
Receiving orders: This is the first step where customers place the order through the eCommerce platform (website or an online portal), and the seller makes a note of it.
Processing order information: The second step where all the details of the order are processed and completed. It is now ready for delivery.
Shipping: The last step wherein the delivery process is carried out. All the logistics components play a significant role in this step to ensure timely delivery to the customer.
If you get the basics right and conduct your eCommerce business in the right way, you will surely enjoy good profits. Always remember that proper business planning and implementation are the keys to a successful online store.
- Ubiquity- The traditional business market is a physical place, access to treatment by means of document circulation. For example, clothes and shoes are usually directed to encourage customers to go somewhere to buy. E-commerce is ubiquitous meaning that it can be everywhere. E-commerce is the worlds reduce cognitive energy required to complete the task.
- Global Reach- E-commerce allows business transactions on the cross country bound can be more convenient and more effective as compared with the traditional commerce. On the e-commerce businesses potential market scale is roughly equivalent to the network the size of the world’s population.
- Universal Standards- E-commerce technologies is an unusual feature, is the technical standard of the Internet, so to carry out the technical standard of e-commerce is shared by all countries around the world standard. Standard can greatly affect the market entry cost and considering the cost of the goods on the market. The standard can make technology business existing become more easily, which can reduce the cost, technique of indirect costs in addition can set the electronic commerce website 10$ / month.
- Richness- Advertising and branding are an important part of commerce. E-commerce can deliver video, audio, animation, billboards, signs and etc. However, it’s about as rich as television technology.
- Interactivity- Twentieth Century electronic commerce business technology is called interactive, so they allow for two-way communication between businesses and consumers.
- Information Density- The density of information the Internet has greatly improved, as long as the total amount and all markets, consumers and businesses quality information. The electronic commerce technology, reduce the information collection, storage, communication and processing cost. At the same time, accuracy and timeliness of the information technology increases greatly, information is more useful, more important than ever.
- Personalization- E-commerce technology allows for personalization. Business can be adjusted for a name, a person’s interests and past purchase message objects and marketing message to a specific individual. The technology also allows for custom. Merchants can change the product or service based on user preferences, or previous behavior.
We need to build these things...
- Admin/Setup Tools (add products, categories, view orders, etc.)
- Store Home Page
- View Category
- View Product
- Add to Cart
- Shopping Cart
- Checkout (Payment Gateway)
- Confirmation / Invoice (SMS and Email confirmation)
- Customer Login / My Account
Above are made using various technology available like :
HTML, PHP, MySQL,Joomla, Drupal,SSL security.
jax - for search
mysql - for database
bootstrap - for responsive eCommerce website
PHP - for programming
css - for styling
java script - for scripting languages
Jqurie - for quire operations
json - for sms , payment & other api integration
Some of best Ecommerce Builders are
1. Which platform is apt for our start-up among Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and Prestashop?
It depends on your requirement and budget, WordPress + woocommerce if you are not expecting huge traffic / Concurrency and features. Each ecommerce platform such as Shopify, Woocommerce, Prestashop and Magento have different design, cost and functions related aspects.
2. What are the pros and cons between them and which one will be most suitable and convenient for us to use?
Before choosing an ecommerce platform you should take a look at your own opportunities, budget and needs because all ecommerce platforms have some pros and cons.
3. What are the activities involved from the initial stages of creating the E-Commerce Portal and running it at the later stages?
Such as getting Domain Name, Designing Logo, Designing Website, Getting payment Gateway, number of extensions required for running the portal, promoting the website, making it visible in various search engines, backend work for uploading products, dealing with Orders, Shipments.
4. What will be your scope of work right from creating and running our E-commerce Portal?
Maintenance, Enhancements + Digital Marketing + Infrastructure Management
5. What legalities need to be done before, during and after setting up E-Commerce Portal?
Need to Setup a Company it can be a Proprietorship + Partnership, LLP or Pvt. Ltd. Take the GST no. Payment Gateway will require a set of formalities to be fulfilled.
6. Will the design of the Website on premade themes or customized?
Your Choice Premade Theme will be Cheaper all depends on your choice and budget
7. What are extensions and can they be added as and when required and what will be the financial element in them?
Yes, some extensions are free, others are paid, whether you need any paid extension is based on your requirement. For basic e-commerce stores you do not require any extension.
8. What will be the running cost per month of running an E-commerce Portal?
It will be low for WordPress + woo commerce as it can be hosted on shared server approx. Rs. 1000 Per month, High for Magento as it requires at least 4 GB VPS server.
9. Are there any limitations of brands and then their products that we can add since beginning and in middle?
10. What we will be requiring from suppliers / Vendors to provide us to set up this portal?
Product Details in appropriate CSV format / Photographs, An Agreement. If you are planning a Marketplace you need to purchase a Paid extension and Integration and customization fee extra.
11. What things we have to incorporate in the agreements with the vendors to ensure the smooth functioning of the website?
You can check the format of standard Marketplace companies or Hire a Law firm to help you with.
12. How do we earn on E-Commerce Portal? Is it through rent per month or markdown on sales or any other?
Ideally by Sales or transactional Margin.
13. What is our fixed cost and variable cost for running the portal?
One time Design and Development is fixed cost. Variable cost is Hosting + digital Marketing + Maintenance.
14. Why customers should buy from our portals?
There are some reasons that‘s why your customers should buy from your portal:
- Excellent Customer / User Experience
- Reliability (Quality & Genuine Products)
- Products Range – Wide & Exclusive Range, Niche Products
- Customer Service
- Competitive Price
15. What value addition we are bringing for our vendors and suppliers so that they can associate with us?
Collaborate with vendors and suppliers and make strong relationship with them. Classify multiple suppliers and pay bills on time and improve supply chain.
16. Will it be B2B or B2C and which will be appropriate for us and why?
B2B and B2C both are appropriate for ecommerce business. It all depend on your purpose if you want to sell your products to other business then B2B is good option for you and if you want to sell your product direct to your customer then B2C ecommerce portal is better option for you.
17. Who will draft the write up for contents in the portal such as refund policy, cancellation etc?
You can find the standard formats from the web and you can modify it according to your preference.
18. Do we require Mobile App for our portal?
Due to the online marketing revolution, ecommerce has to reached far beyond limits, so from anywhere he/she can shop from ecommerce store through mobile app.
There are some reasons that‘s why you require Mobile App for your portal:
- Captive Customer – if you have to keep you customer engaged
- Routine / Regular Offers and Notifications
- Frequency of Purchase – If product is frequently purchased
- To fulfill Specific Business need or logic. Customer to be provided Regular Data in the form of Facts and Analysis
19. What are the tax implications in running an E-Commerce Portal?
You have to apply for GST and file the GST return
20. What is the general procedure followed in case an order is placed on us?
You have to first acknowledge the order by raising an invoice and then create the shipment for giving the completion status to the order.
21. How do we deal with packaging, warehousing and shipping the customer orders from our suppliers to the customer?
Vendors will be notified once order is placed and after that they have to get the product packed for the pick with the packaging material provided by the admin. Afterwards logistics representative will go and collect the docket for the shipment against the order ID.
22. What if we do well and we want to expand in future then do we have to change the platform and redo this exercise all again?
Yes if you currently start with WordPress you probably have to upgrade to Magento when you experience concurrency of approx. 3000 to 4000 users.
23. What if we do not wish to continue with the Portal in future then what will be the formalities and challenges we need to face in this regard?
You have to fulfill all the current orders in hand, Stop taking new orders, intimate you vendors and customers and ask your CA firm for close down of the company.
24. How can you help us to run this portal and grow in this industry
We can provide you with valuable consultancy + Support + Digital Marketing and Hosting.